Julio Desnoyers' Studio

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Rudy's: My Private Diary

My son called me at work and told me, "The library called. They say your book is in."

I was excited and hearing my excitement, he asked, "What is it about?"

I told him I would tell him later. I didn't want to say over the phone while I was at work.

"It's that actor isn't it?"

I gushed a yes. I think it's funny that he knows there is a certain "actor" I'm into.

When I got to the library I found out it was My Private Diary that came, one of three I requested and the first. I am reading it now. First I opened it and read just parts of it, not full sections because I'll be reading it through, cover to cover and I don't want to hit on pages and pages of words I've already read when I'm curious about what I haven't read.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that Rudy talks and reminisces a great deal about his past. He puts a lot of detail into these pages and I think it's wonderful that he was so open when he wrote the diary. I know that he may have wanted to write about things he knew his fans would find interesting but that doesn't make what he says, less important or less truthful. I since reconciling my feelings over Natasha's abandonment of him as well as being his one true love, and can enjoy the pages where he brings her in very close. Thankfully. It would be a shame to have issues for this woman who was a large part of Rudy's life, while reading his words, and accounts of their life together.

The other thing that struck me is one part where he talked about his loneliness. To me when he writes about it, it is like his greatest fear. Like a monster from his past he never ever wants to see again, which of course very sad, knowing just a year later he would have to face this monster once again, and in my opinion, he put up a good fight but that monster ultimately took his life.

Labels: